Ignacy Lukasiewicz Scholarship Programme
The is scholarships offered as a part of the programme include free 2nd degree studies conducted in Polish language (preceded by a year-long preparation course for taking up studies in Poland) and 3rd degree studies conducted in public universities supervised by the minister responsible for higher education (list of universities).
Candidate applying for 2nd Degree Studies (Master Studies) should be:
- Graduate of the 1st degree studies (completed in 2016 or 2017) conducted in the aforementioned areas of sciences or current final year student of the 1st degree studies in the academic year 2016/2017;
- In the absence of the form of 1st degree studies in the higher education system of the country which issued the diploma, graduate of Master’s degree or equivalent studies (completed in 2016 or 2017) or current final year student of Master’s degree or equivalent studies in the academic year 2016/2017, conducted in the aforementioned areas of sciences.
Candidate profile for those applying for 3rd Degree Studies (PhD Studies):
- Graduate of Master’s degree or equivalent studies completed no earlier than three years ago (does not apply to persons already studying in Poland);
- Graduates of Master’s degree or equivalent studies completed in the country of origin of candidates will be preferred (however, this does not preclude persons with Polish university diploma from the possibility of applying for the scholarship).
The amount of the scholarship, which covers the costs of accommodation and living, is 1350 PLN per month aprox 300 EUR.
How to Apply?
The candidates are required to submit completed and signed questionnaire to Polish diplomatic posts, along with the following attachments:
- Description of the proposed dissertation according to the following specifications: 1.5-2 A4 pages, font size 12, spacing 1.5; required elements of description include: proposal for a topic, problem and research method, detailed description of chapters);
- A copy of the 1st-degree studies graduation diploma with a supplement, in the absence of the form of1st degree studies in the higher education system of the country of origin;
- A copy of diploma of Master’s Degree or equivalent with a supplement or certificate of the marks obtained in the winter session in the final year of 1st-degree studies or final year of Master’s degree or equivalent studies, and the planned date of completion;
- A copy of health certificate;
- A copy of passport.
For more information please visit the official website.