University of Bologna 33rd Cycle of PhD Scholarship Program
The University of Bologna is pleased to offer the 33rd cycle of a PhD Scholarship programme for academic year 2017/2018. The University of Bologna, founded in 1088, was the first university and is the oldest in the world. It was the first place of study to use the term university for the corporations of students and masters which came to define the institution, located in Bologna, Italy. The PhD programmes will have a duration of three years, with the exception of the PhD programmes in “Data Science and Computation” and in “Management”, which will have a duration of four years.
Regardless of age and citizenship, applicants with the following academic qualifications can apply for admission:
- An Italian university degree (laurea specialistica or magistrale – 3+2 years or combined degree Bachelor’s+ Master’s);
- An Italian university degree obtained under the pre-reform system (“vecchio ordinamento”);
- Any equivalent academic qualification issued abroad, recognised as equivalent to the above mentioned Italian academic qualifications, for the sole purpose of participation in the application for admission to the PhD programme.
- The yearly gross amount of the scholarships is 13,600 EUR;
- The yearly gross amount of the scholarships of the PhD Programme in Data Science and Computation is 19.367 EUR;
- The scholarships are paid in monthly installments in arrears;
- The amount of the scholarship is increased by 30% for the periods spent abroad authorized by the Academic Board;
- This increase is not allowed for periods lasting less than one continuous month as well as for stays in the Country of birth, citizenship, residence or abode of the PhD candidate.
How to Apply?
In order to apply, the applicant must:
- Visit the website;
- Enter data required for registration;
- And the relevant email account, where potential information concerning the admission process will be sent to; select “Entrance exams or requirements check” and “PhD programme”;
- Select the desired PhD programme;
- Complete the online application, inserting the required information;
- Attach the academic qualifications and any other requested documents in pdf format as described in the PhD Programme Tables.
For more information please visit the official website.