Best of South-East Scholarship Programme in Austria
The Best of South East is a scholarship-programme initiated by the Steiermärkische Sparkasse (Styrian Bank), in cooperation with Montanuniversitaet Leoben, University of Graz, University of Music and Performing Arts Graz & TU Graz.
Target group: talented and dedicated students and graduates from Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, and Macedonia.
The programme’s aim is to provide scholarship-holders with international education, work experience, and training opportunities.
- Citizenship: Slovenian, Bosnian and Herzegovinian, Croatian, Serbian, Montenegro or Macedonia;
- Language skills in English (min. level B2) or German (min. level B2);
- Very good grades;
- Students need to have completed at least 4 semesters of their Bachelor’s degree by the time of the application;
- Doctoral students require a letter of confirmation from the supervisor of your dissertation at the Montanuniversitaet Leoben (please note that you yourself are responsible for finding a supervisor);
- Motivation, commitment, good communication skills, adaptability, theoretical knowledge, as well as practical skills.
The scholarship programme lasts 12 months (from September to the end of August) and includes at the Montanuniversitaet Leoben:
- A scholarship of EUR 750 monthly for an entire year;
- A scholarship for a 2-semester mobility programme at MUL (winter and summer semesters 2018-19);
- A 2-month trainee programme or internship (in July and August)L
- Scholarships holders must successfully complete a minimum of 36 ECTS credits per academic year (3 ECTS per scholarship month) at the MUL (otherwise you’ll have to pay back the scholarship).
How to Apply?
For more information please visit the official website.