Програма за стипендија во земјата или во регионот (Германија)


In-Country or In-Region Scholarship Progamme

In-Country or In-Region Scholarship Progamme



The DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service), as a publicly funded, self-governing organisation of the institutions of higher education in Germany, promotes international academic exchange, as well as educational co-operation with developing countries through a variety of funding and scholarship programmes. As part of the„ In-Country / In-Region Scholarship Programme,“ DAAD offers scholarships for PhD and Master studies. The programme is funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and aims at university staff in the first line, without neglecting the public sector demand of academically trained personnel.


Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme. The applicants should:

  • Have successfully completed generally a three-year university degree (Master candidates) or a two-year university degree (doctoral candidates) with above average results (upper fourth of class);
  • Clearly, show motivation and strong commitment;
  • Have thorough knowledge of the language of instruction;
  • Have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application;
  • Must be nationals or permanent residents of a Sub-Saharan African country.


  • Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 750 EUR for graduates or 1,000 euros for doctoral candidates;
  • Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover;
  • Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.

How to Apply?

The mode of applying is by post or electronically.
Supporting material required documents (in the following order):

  • DAAD application form;
  • Hand-signed CV;
  • Hand-signed letter of motivation (with reference to current occupation);
  • Research exposé (if required by university);
  • Academic letter/s of recommendation from your university; the letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope);
  • Professional letter/s of recommendation from your employer; the letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope);
  • Confirmation of employment from the employer in your home country and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment upon your return home;
  • Proof of language abilities.

Fore more information please visit the official website.

Што мислиш ти?
  • Ви се допаѓа оваа вест? Препорачајте ја на Вашите пријателите преку следниве сервиси:
  • Mail