The Rondine Cittadella della Pace Association, based in Italy, has been working for peace and dialogue for more than 20 years. The program aims at promoting conflict transformation through the experience of young people coming from conflict and post-conflict areas and belonging to different cultures by applying an original training approach. During a two-year experience, participants deconstruct the idea of the “enemy” and work actively to develop projects with a social, political and economic impact in order to contribute to peaceful development in their own countries and the world.
To achieve these results, fellows receive high-quality training on topics related to conflict management, as well as improve their soft skills and learn about the necessary methodologies needed to create concrete opportunities for development and reconciliation.
In addition to this specific training program, fellows develop their professional and academic curriculum by obtaining a master’s degree or specialization by high vocational education.
You can find more about the program here.
Participants will be selected among candidates showing the following characteristics:
- Aged between 21- 28;
- Sensibility and readiness to work on the topics of conflict of the country of origin and conflicts in general
- Predisposition to leadership
- Predisposition to public speaking and communication
- Predisposition to team and group work and active listening
- Predisposition to take on roles of responsibility
- Predisposition to team building and active involvement
- Predisposition to civic engagement and volunteering
- Project-oriented attitude, aiming at implementing social projects upon return to his/her home country
- Predisposition to entrepreneurship and social innovation
- Knowledge about civil society and the non- profit sector
- Sensibility about global sustainability or at least about some of the following topics: climate change, cooperation, welfare, civil and social economy
Please, note that Italian is the official language for communication and activities in Rondine.
Knowledge of English is desirable for a profitable participation in the Rondine training.
During the whole period of the participant’s attendance to the program, the association takes responsibility of covering the following costs:
– Cost of the training activities in Rondine and online
– Cost of the lodging and board in Italy
– Cost of the academic or vocational training (enrolment fees, learning material, transportation)
Expenses under the responsibility of the student include: the travel expenses to/from Italy and visa procedures, holiday travels, personal and medical expenses and every other cost not specifically mentioned among those covered by the Association.
A more detailed description of the economic aspects will be part of the Learning and Participation
Agreement that the candidate will be asked to read and sign before the start of the trial period.
How to apply?
All the required documents should be sent to [email protected]
For further information regarding the program and download the call as well, please visit the official website.