The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung awards scholarships to international students of the MENA-region to study at one of the over 400 universities in Germany. Our scholarship program is aimed at international students and graduates who have acquired a university degree and who intend to complete postgraduate or master studies, doctoral studies or a research fellowship of at least three semesters at a university in Germany.
- The applicants should:
- have a university degree,
- prove above average academic performance,
- are no older that 30 when applying,
- have good knowledge of the German language (B1* or B2 level),
- are actively engaged in voluntary work,
- plan to study a minimum of three semesters at a university in Germany,
- possess a broad general education and distinct interest in political issues,
- have a positive attitude towards democracy and human rights,
- are open to develop their personal points of view and practice tolerance, and
- are highly motivated and able to convince us of their goals in life.
- *A sufficient knowledge in German (level B2) is obligatory for all scholars before the beginning of their university studies in Germany. In exceptional cases, we financially support German language courses in Germany to achieve B2 level as preparation for your studies in Germany.
The standard funding periods are two years (Master) respectively three years (PhD). Apart from the monthly scholarship (for Master students 850 Euro per month, for PhD students 1.200 Euro per month) our scholars obtain access to a worldwide network of over 14.000 alumni, a broad seminar program and personal mentoring.
How to Apply?
Please click here to submit an online application.