Endava is a privately-owned IT services company, with over 15 years of experience of working with some of the world’s leading Finance, Insurance, Telecommunications, Media, Technology, and Retail companies helping them evolve and transform their businesses to meet the needs of today’s and tomorrow’s customers.
We have over 3,000 employees located in offices in North America and Western Europe and delivery centres in Colombia, Macedonia, Moldova, Romania and Serbia.
Along with investing in long term customer relationships, we recognise the importance of providing rewarding and challenging careers for our people and, by doing this, we have established ourselves as the employer of choice for the best and brightest engineers.
Senior Java Developer (Insurance industry)
Leading insurance company offering general insurance in Western Europe.
- The software solution is intended to start as the integration layer between existing legacy components implemented using new architectural patterns – a loosely-coupled multi-layered architecture based on micro services and cloud technology.
- This layer will gradually replace the legacy components with new implementation.
- Project is part of the client’s big transformation project – IT to become an environment for iterative and fast enabling of business capabilities as well as an innovation center.
- This transformation includes a new approach to governance, delivery and service management via Continuous Build and Delivery using market leading tools and practices.
- Participate in business specification reviews
- Contribute to logical and physical design of the product
- Working on implementation of the software components
- Review and enforce the quality of code written within your team
- Helping the team in overcoming technical issues
- Being able to provide guidance for the team members
- Work as part of an Agile team.
- Advanced OOP knowledge
- Advanced knowledge in Java Spring (Core, MVC, Transaction Management)
- Advanced knowledge in software patterns and practices
- Commercial experience of the full software lifecycle
- Good knowledge in Hibernate
- Experience with database development: stored procedures, query optimization, indexing techniques
- Experience in Unit Testing (Junit)/Mocking (Mockito, Powermock…)
- Experience in sharing knowledge, presentations and mentoring
- Understanding of Unit testing concepts
- Commercial experience in software architecture/design (N-Tier, SOA, Microservices)
- Experience with Git
- Experience with issue tracking systems: JIRA
- Experience in leading a team
- Experience in cloud based platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
Primary Location: Macedonia-Skopje-Skopje