SINGA Awards for International Students
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD). Ph.D. training will be carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS or SUTD. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs.
International students with a passion for Science and Engineering research, excellent academic qualifications, good reports from academic referees, and fluency in English are encouraged to apply for this award. TOEFL, IELTS, and GRE are NOT required. However, applicants may indicate their scores in the online application form if they have already taken any of these tests.
The Call is open to:
- All international students;
- Graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results;
- Persons with good skills in written and spoken English;
- Persons with good reports from academic referees.
The award provides financial support for up to 4 years of Ph.D. studies. It includes:
- Full support of tuition fees;
- Stipends – SGD 2,000 per month (SGD 24,000 per annum), to be increased to SGD 2,500 per month (SGD 30,000 per annum) after passing Qualifying Examinations;
- One-time SDG 1,000 settling-in allowance;
- One-time airfare grant of SGD 1,500.
How to Apply?
The applicant will first need to fill up an online application form and submit it through the SINGA website. Soft copies of the following supporting documents must be uploaded during their online application compulsory:
- Identity card or passport;
- A recent passport-sized photo in JPEG/PNG format;
- Bachelor’s Academic Transcripts (in English translation);
- Bachelor’s Degree Certificate / Scroll (in English translation) or a letter of certification from the university on their candidature if their degree certificate/scroll has not yet been conferred;
- Master’s Academic Transcripts, if any (in English translation);
- Master’s Degree Certificate / Scroll, if any (in English translation) or a letter of certification from the university on their candidature if their degree certificate/scroll has not yet been conferred;
- Two (2) recommendation reports (to be completed and submitted online by the referees).
For more information visit the official webpage.