Vacancy for RTA language Assistant in Baku, Azerbaijan
“Upgrading the National Environmental Monitoring System (NEMS) of Azerbaijan on the base of EU practises” project is seeking Language Assistant to the RTA (Resident Twinning Advisor), whose activities include mainly interpretation, translation activities and assisting the RTA with co-ordination and management of the Twinning project.
Upgrading the National Environmental Monitoring System (NEMS) of Azerbaijan on the base of EU practises is a joint project between Finland, Austria, Latvia represented by the Finnish Meteorological Institute and Azerbaijan represented by the Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources (MENR). The purpose of the project is to support Azerbaijan to modernise the environmental monitoring systems and to ensure the provision of the high quality environmental information for strategic environmental policy planning and compliance control.
The project is seeking language assistant to the RTA (Resident Twinning Advisor), whose activities include mainly interpretation, translation activities and assisting the RTA with co-ordination and management of the Twinning project.
Project started in November 2016 and will last until January 2019 (27 months). The RTA language assistant will be employed full time starting latest 1st of June 2017. Salary according to the contract is 1 500 EUR per month, the responsibility for remuneration of social and income tax lies on the contractor/employee. The RTA language assistant shall be of Azerbaijan nationality and may not be employed with the host institution (the Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources and its departments) in the preceding 6 months. The office is located in the National Monitoring Department on Environment, Heydar Aliyev ave. 10 Baku, Azerbaijan.
- University degree;
- 2–3 years of relevant/equivalent experience in translation and interpretation, (previous experience as language assistant in Twinning or other EU projects is an advantage);
- Excellent knowledge of English and Azerbaijani (oral and written); fluent Russian skills is an advantage;
- Hard working with excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work closely with the RTA and an international team of experts;
- Possibility to travel ;
- Flexibility on working hours;
- IT proficiency (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.);
- Experience in writing memorandums, reports and other materials;
- Experience of the implementation of projects funded by the EU (will be considered as advantage);
- Experience on other international projects (will be considered as advantage);
- Experience of environmental or air quality issues (will be considered as advantage);
- Committed and motivated to work for the project.
- Act as a language assistant to the RTA and visiting short-term experts;
- Translation of written materials with relation to the project in Azerbaijani/English;
- Interpretation during foreign expert missions and during study tours in member states;
- Act as a replacement for the RTA assistant whenever needed
- Developing and maintaining close working contacts and relationships with beneficiary country officials involved in the project activities and the project management team.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a motivation letter and CV in Europass format in English by 10 May 2017 via e-mail to [email protected] marked “RTA language assistant”
Applications received after the closing deadline or submitted in other languages than in English will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview. Selected candidates will sign a contract with the Finnish Meteorological Institute.