Vacancy for Office & Events Assistant – IPI MENA in Baku, Azerbaijan
IPI seeks an Office and Events Assistant to support the Director of the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Office on all office administration matters and preparation and organization of events for IPI’s office in Manama, Bahrain.
Responsibilities are under the overall supervision of the Director of MENA Office. Responsibilities will involve a mix of administration, and organizing of policy events, roundtables and seminars in Manama and other locations, primarily in the Middle East and North Africa region.
- Handle general paper and electronic correspondences;
- Maintenance of records;
- Purchase and maintain office supplies;
- Organize upkeep of office space, including kitchen, meeting room and other facilities spaces;
- Assist with negotiating contracts and vendor relations and settle disputes over billing matters;
- Monitor and prepare Expense Reports (ER) for payments of general office expenses;
- Prepare ER for monthly banking activities;
- Prepare ER for credit cards; and
- Other ad hoc administrative tasks as determined by the Director.
- Organize events as needed;
- Arrange catering and other services;
- Prepare or copyedit events-related materials, including invitations, agendas, thank you notes, and other correspondences;
- Contact invitees prior to an event and other outreach duties related to the planning of an event;
- Compile participant list and biographies for upcoming events;
- Coordinate and execute all logistical aspects of IPI events, including room setup, check-in of participants, greeting of guests, handling of microphones, display of publications, and other matters as they arise;
- Coordinate logistics with speakers and their staff as needed;
- Arrange for special needs, including translators, photographers and others;
- Manage post-event follow-up, including sending the photos and transcript to our website manager, sending a follow up message to participants in order to direct them to our website to view photos, transcript, etc.;
- Take inventory of events-related materials as needed;
- Assist with the coordination of the work of the interns; and
- Other ad hoc event tasks as determined by the Director.
- BA required, in International, Public or Business Administration or related field;
- in Office Assistance and Events Administration;
- 2-3 years relevant experience in office assistance and meetings organization;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills and an extraordinary attention to detail;
- Excellent ability to multitask;
- Excellent Word and Excel skills;
- Ability to perform well and creatively in a fast-paced and high-pressure work setting and with colleagues from multicultural environments; and
- English proficiency required; and proficiency in Arabic preferred.
Please send cover letter with curriculum vitae and contact information for three professional referees to [email protected] (with “Office and Events Assistant – MENA Office” as the email subject).
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No telephone or faxed inquiries. The position will be filled as soon as a successful candidate is identified. Candidates must be willing to relocate to Manama, Bahrain.
IPI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly committed to recruiting and retaining an internationally and culturally diverse staff.