Vacancy for EMpower HK Development and Operations Assistant in Hong Kong
EMpower – The Emerging Markets Foundation is a public foundation committed to building opportunities for at-risk youth (age 10-24) in emerging market countries. EMpower makes grants to local organizations across three thematic portfolios: education, health and wellbeing, and livelihoods. EMpower has offices in the United States, United Kingdom and Hong Kong, and program staff in India and Turkey. For more information, please visit www.empowerweb.org. This position is based in the Hong Kong office and is a key member of a growing team, supporting the fundraising, operations and communications functions. The Assistant reports to the Development and Engagement Manager in Hong Kong.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist manager in the execution of flagship EMpower fundraising events in Hong Kong and Singapore
• Support manager in the maintenance of donor records database using Salesforce and applying analytical skills in data mining of Salesforce information by triaging it with other internal reports for accuracy
• Conduct detailed and methodical research to source for prospects and leads across all revenue generating markets and types of funding (individual, corporates, foundation and institutions) which could be in the forms of grant funding, sponsorships or general support funding (e.g. underwriting)
• With the guidance of manager, conceptualize and execute fringe activities (if applicable) to expand our outreach and brand awareness
• Administer finances of donations and expenses related to HK office (this includes donations record keeping, book keeping, accounts payable and documentation support for external audits)
• Perform administrative duties, such as managing petty cash, maintaining physical and electronic files or purchasing office supplies and other tasks necessary for efficient office operations
• Assist in arranging board/grants meetings, taking minutes etc and in arranging travel by HK staff and grantees as well as donor visits to grantees when needed.
• Keep track of general matters related to overall office management and support/troubleshoot as necessary
• With guidance from manager, develop stream of news items to profile EMpower’s work in Asia through our online media platforms
• Support manager in updating materials and with under guidance, tailor existing communication materials for specific donor base, events or pitches
• Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or in a field related to international development
• 1 – 2+ years of work experience in similar roles, preferably in the not-for-profit sector.
• Strong English, Mandarin and/or Cantonese written and oral communication skills. Willing to pick up Cantonese language if not a native speaker
• Highly proficient in using standard software programs such as Microsoft office. Database management with Salesforce is an asset
• Resourceful, creative and able to work well in a team, under guidance as well as independently when the job requires
• Analytical and methodical in approach to work and discipline in keeping to timelines
• Strong interpersonal communications skills and ability to connect with people from different cultures and backgrounds
• Highly motivated individual who is willing to learn and looking to be mentored in this field
Interested applicants should send a CV and cover letter written in English to: [email protected] with the subject line: EMpower HK Development and Operations Assistant.
Deadline for your application:
• 20th July 2017
• Potential candidates will be invited to sit for a written test and shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews with the EMpower team and hiring manager in English.
Start of the position:
• 1st September 2017