Vacancy for Full-time Georgian Media Manager in Tbilisi
Chai Khana is looking for Georgian Media Manager.
Chai Khana, winner of the 2015 EU Prize for Journalism – for most informative online media, and the International ADAMI Prize for Cultural Diversity in Eastern Europe, is a multi-media platform seeking to revitalise the development of independent media in the South Caucasus for a more informed and engaged citizenry.
The Chai Khana or “tea house,” is symbolic of a collective space where citizens come together and discuss socio-economic issues. It is a focal point for exchanging information and a flourishing place for social interaction and social entrepreneurship. Accordingly, Chai Khana seeks to attract new local and international attention to locally-led dialogue covering the region. We produce creative issue-based multimedia stories, short documentaries, trans media, photo reportages, long-form journalistic pieces and a podcast. We help ensure this impact is sustained by strengthening the capacity of our freelancers to meet the information and communication needs of their public, and provide our journalists with mentorship, trainings and opportunities.
Position: Full-time Georgian Media Manager
** Experience: Minimum 5 years professional experience in NGO administration functions
** Education: Masters degree or higher in Media/Journalism
** Fluent in English language
** Fluent in Georgian language
** Knowledge of grant-writing would be an asset
** Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (especially Excel)
Personal Skills we are looking for:
- Ability to work under stress
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Coordinate an average of 10 reporters per Edition.
- Collaborate with editorial mentors to improve/edit texts, headlines, photos and films.
- Research topics for new Edition with team, and develop pitches accordingly.
- Develop ideas for innovative, new projects, including drafting proposals and seeing with donors and partners.
- Recruit new talent to improve the quality of Georgian-based multimedia reports.
- Look through pitches and elaborate ideas with reporters from start to finish including establishing target audience, descriptions and social media engagement.
- Content management, digital story development.
- Negotiate technical support with freelancers.
- Expand Chai Khana’s network of partners & cooperation opportunities
- Bonus: translation work (paid separately)
Work Location: Impact Hub, Tbilisi
Working days: flexible
Start date: 15 June 2017.
If you qualify, please send your CV and a short Cover Letter to: [email protected]
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.