Vacancy for Paid Online Marketing Intern in London
Hidden Art is seeking a paid Online Marketing Intern for a minimum of 6 months from 15 May 2017 for three days a week. This is an excellent opportunity to gain solid marketing and PR experience.
About Hidden Art
Hidden Art, is an award-winning, not-for-profit organisation dedicated to promoting and supporting designers and makers. We have helped designers & makers transform their passion into products since 1989. We promote their work through the Hidden Art E-shop www.hiddenartshop.co.uk, social media and email marketing as well as the Hidden Art Website www.hiddenart.co.uk .
While we started by focusing on UK-based independent designers & makers over the last years we have been able to include creative talent from abroad.
We are based in Stamford Hill, a favourite hub for creative businesses known for its multicultural character.
The post of Online Marketing Intern will involve three days a week starting the week of 15 May 2017 until at least 14 November 2017. The days are flexible and the office working hours are 9.30 – 5.30 from Monday to Friday. You will gain significant experience and knowledge benefits from working with Hidden Art.
The benefits of the internship include:
- Invaluable online marketing and PR experience as you will help shape the organization’s social media strategy across multiple channels.
- Invaluable experience on content management systems and hands-on experience of assisting with the maintenance of two websites: an e-commerce platform and a design-focused website.
- The opportunity to demonstrate your creative flair within a marketing context as you will be designing e-newsletter banners, creating compositions and copy writing for promotional material.
- The chance to live and breathe the design world as you will monitor design trends, assist with research, visit/report on design-related events and be informed of opportunities available to designers and makers.
- An insider’s knowledge of the not-for-profit sector including future working opportunities.
- Reference at the end of the internship.
You will be contributing to and implementing comprehensive marketing campaigns aimed at driving a significant number of potential customers to the Hidden Art E-Shop and increasing the audience of the Hidden Art Website. You will be providing support across a wide range of online marketing tasks such as: SEO, copywriting, designing and sending out e-newsletter campaigns, running the organization’s social media accounts, contribute to research and assisting with the management of the organization’s website and e-shop.
Key Roles will include:
Hidden Art E-Shop
- Writing online marketing text for potential customers. This will be mostly for the monthly e-newsletter (using a MailChimp template) and copywriting for products and product collections that go on our e-shop.
- Writing articles on designers for the e-newsletter in our E-Shop blog ‘Hidden Art Selects’.
- Using Photoshop for image manipulation for the E-Newsletter, E-Shop banners, product images, articles and occasional promotional material.
- Uploading new products from designers/makers on the Hidden Art E-Shop and liaising with them to resolve any issues that arise in the process.
- Social Media Management (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Google Plus). You will tweet about the products on the Hidden Art E-Shop www.hiddenartshop.co.uk to keep the online design community talking about our designers and their products. You will also be responsible for updating our Pinterest and Facebook pages.
- Keep track of and spot the latest market trends and incorporate them in the e-newsletters and social media.
- Analyse the effectiveness of the marketing campaign through various analytics as provided by applications such as WordPress, Shopify, Hootsuite and MailChimp as well as our own statistics.
- Assist with maintaining the website hiddenart.co.uk using WordPress: writing posts on developments concerning our e-shop, our designers, and occasional reviews.
- Researching, suggesting and implementing improvements on the website’s layout to increase its audience and provide a better user experience.
Profile / Requirements
- Good creative skills with a good eye for detail
- Good Photoshop Skills
- Good creative writing skills
- Good research skills
- Good communication skills and be able to work independently as well as within a small team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills and able to multi-task
- Good analytical skills
- Computer and internet literate
- Conversant with Microsoft Office particularly word processing skills
- No prior experience using content management systems necessary but needs to show the ability to be able to learn the system quickly
- Some knowledge of offline or online marketing techniques would be desirable.
- Enthusiastic and passionate about learning about online marketing.
- Enthusiastic about design
- Interest in working in a small marketing organisation in the not-for-profit sector
Application and Selection process
If you are interested in applying for the position of Online Marketing Intern, please email an up-to-date CV and a covering letter for the attention of Dieneke Ferguson ([email protected] ). In the covering letter please explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the requirements. Please ensure that you provide us with details of a telephone number, email and correspondence address. Also indicate which days of the week of 8 May you will not be available for an interview, should you be shortlisted.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 4 May 2017. If you are shortlisted we will ask you to attend a short interview and test, which will take place in the week of 8 May 2017. We would like the candidate to start the week of 15 May 2017. If you have not heard from us by Friday 12 May 2017, then we regret that on this occasion your application has not been successful.