Vacancy for Policy Analyst – IPI MENA in Manama, Bahrain
IPI seeks a Policy Analyst to support its programs administration and research for IPI’s office in Manama, Bahrain.
Responsibilities are under the overall supervision of the Director of the Middle East and North Africa Office. Responsibilities will involve a mix of research, program administration, and organizing of policy events, roundtables and seminars in Manama and other locations, primarily in the Middle East and North Africa region. Approximately sixty percent of the Policy Analyst’s time will be devoted to organizational, administrative and fund development support and forty percent to research support.
Program management and administration
- Support organization of program-related meetings, workshops, and conferences, drafting meeting agendas and concept notes, identifying and corresponding with speakers, in collaboration with the Events Team
- Assist in preparing and monitoring project-related budgets
- Draft and edit reports to donors in coordination with the Development Department
- Work with the Development, Events, and Publications Departments to maintain and update contact/mailing lists
- Coordinate with the Publications Department on production and dissemination of research publications
- Supervise interns, as needed.
- Conduct background research on peace and security in the Middle East and North Africa region
- Draft background papers, concept notes, meeting briefs, literature reviews, meeting reports, and policy reports
- Contribute articles regularly to the Global Observatory
- Work with other IPI program staff to develop research projects
- Network with partners, experts, and the UN community to promote IPI work
- Remain abreast of recent policy developments on the Middle East and North Africa region, internal regional cooperation and the region’s engagement with the multilateral system
- Additional research tasks can be determined by the Director of the Middle East and North Africa Office, in support of new projects or specific requests by the President.
- BA required , MA preferred, in International or Public Affairs, Political or Social Science or related field;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of conflict analysis and prevention, humanitarian affairs and peacebuilding, related to the Middle East and North Africa region;
- 2-3 years relevant experience in a policy and/or academic environment of field experience in a post-conflict setting;
- Strong analytical, writing and presentation capabilities and intellectual versatility;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of international, regional and sub-regional organizations, and the United Nations;
- Demonstrated organizational skills, including in finance, budgeting and program management;
- Ability to lead and motivate staff and colleagues;
- Ability to perform well and creatively in a fast-paced and high-pressure work setting and with colleagues from multicultural environments;
- English proficiency required; and proficiency in Arabic preferred; and
- Candidate must be prepared to relocate to Manama, Bahrain.
Please send cover letter with curriculum vitae, contact information for three professional referees, and a relevant writing or editing sample to email@example.com (with “Policy Analyst Position – MENA Office” as the email subject).
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No telephone or faxed inquiries. The position will be filled as soon as a successful candidate is identified. Candidates must be willing to relocate to Manama, Bahrain