Vacancy for Political Assistant in Baku, Azerbaijan
The U.S. Embassy in Baku is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Political Assistant in the Political Section.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
This position is responsible for providing information gathering, research, reporting, and related services of moderate scope and difficulty in the field of political affairs including internal and external political relations and national security policy.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR FULL PERFORMANCE LEVEL
NOTE: Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. EDUCATION: A university degree in political science, development, public administration, public policy, international relations, law, business, history, languages, or social sciences is required.
2. EXPERIENCE: Requires 3 years of work experience in a similar working environment involving duties that include at least one of the following: law, politics, international relations or security, public policy, public administration, development, history, research, analysis, interpretation.
3. LANGUAGE: Level IV (Fluent) Reading/Speaking/Writing English is required. Level IV (Fluent) Reading/Speaking/Writing in either Azerbaijani or Russian and level III (Good Working Knowledge) of Reading/Speaking/Writing in the other language is required.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office at ext. 3860.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS:
Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference. Tests to further determine qualification levels may be administered.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
1. Management may consider the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
2. Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
3. Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
4. The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a local security certification.
5. Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website http://azerbaijan.usembassy.gov/job_opportunites.html or by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above);
2. Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
WHERE TO APPLY:
Only electronic copies: E-mail: BakuHRMailbox@state.gov
POINT OF CONTACT HR Office Telephone: 488-33-00 http://azerbaijan.usembassy.gov