Vacancy for Part-time Assistant to Executive Director in Tbilisi
Chai Khana is looking for Assistant to the Executive Director.
Chai Khana, winner of the 2015 EU Prize for Journalism – for most informative online media, and the International ADAMI Prize for Cultural Diversity in Eastern Europe, is a multi-media platform seeking to revitalise the development of independent media in the South Caucasus for a more informed and engaged citizenry.
The Chai Khana or “tea house,” is symbolic of a collective space where citizens come together and discuss socio-economic issues. It is a focal point for exchanging information and a flourishing place for social interaction and social entrepreneurship. Accordingly, Chai Khana seeks to attract new local and international attention to locally-led dialogue covering the region. We produce creative issue-based multimedia stories, short documentaries, trans media, photo reportages, long-form journalistic pieces and a podcast. We help ensure this impact is sustained by strengthening the capacity of our freelancers to meet the information and communication needs of their public, and provide our journalists with mentorship, trainings and opportunities.
Position: Part-time Assistant to Executive Director
- Experience: Minimum 5 years professional experience in NGO administration functions
- Education: Bachelors degree or higher
- Fluent in English language
- Fluent in Georgian language
- Knowledge of grant-writing would be an asset
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (especially Excel)
- Maintaining contracts, payment forms for freelance staff, and planning social events.
- Drafting grants, feedback, and collecting success stories for donors.
- Preparing payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Assist Director & accountant in liaising with donors for financial management/audits.
- Undertaking other small tasks as determined by the Director.
Personal Skills we are looking for:
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player
- Ability to multitask
Work Location: Impact Hub, Tbilisi
Working days: 3 days a week
Working hours: 12:00 -19:00 (negotiable).
Start date: 15 June 2017.
Chai Khana’s Team
Chai Khana is a dynamic team who have a positive outlook and are passionate about making a difference in building up Independent Media in the region. Chai Khana is an issue-based international media platform focusing on women, rural communities, and ethnic minorities, and giving voice to the under-represented across the Caucasus. It has two projects, including OC Media. Join us!
If you qualify, please send your CV and a short Cover Letter to: [email protected]
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only short listed candidates will be contacted