Vacancy for FO Supervisor in Baku, Azerbaijan
“Baku Boulevard Hotel ” is looking for a FO Supervisor.
ABOUT “Baku Boulevard Hotel”
The hotel is affiliated with the Autograph Collection, Marriott’s brand featuring an exclusive portfolio of upscale independent hotels and resorts. Boulevard Hotel offers 818 comfortable rooms and it will be the largest conference hotel in Azerbaijan. It provides perfect accessibility to all major business and cultural sites of the city as well as the finest facilities that are designed to suit a wide variety of occasions and functions.
Baku Boulevard Hotel is managed by Absheron Hotel Group and is a part of Autograph Collection, Marriott’s brand featuring exclusive portfolio of upscale independent hotels and resorts. Absheron Hotel Group also manages Pik Palace and Park Chalet Hotels in Shahdag Mountain Resort and Intourist Hotel Baku opening in 2015.
- Assign and instruct Guest Service Agents, Operators and Bell Attendants in details of work. Observe performance and encourage improvement. Monitor lobby traffic to make staffing adjustments accordingly.
- Manage front desk operations by completing a checklist of important daily tasks, determining room and rate availability and making decisions that are in the best interest of the hotel. Assist Guest Service Agents, Operators, Reservation Agents, Bell Attendants and other departments with any questions or requests.
- Resolve customer complaints by conducting thorough research of the situation and the most effective resolution. Authorize revenue allowances to remedy problems only after alternative solutions have been offered.
- Prepare and conduct daily pre-shift meetings, communicate effectively with all staff and provide them with any information necessary to provide guest service
- Monitor performance of staff with performance evaluations and discipline issues. Make recommendations for training related issues when inconsistencies develop at the Front Desk.
- Maintain and update guest history and marketing database as laid down in the Front office procedures.
- Ensure all Duty shift procedures are being carried out and recorded on the shift checklist.
- Ensure that a detailed hand over is carried out between shifts including the volume of business, special guests, tasks to be clarified/completed and any special events that are taking place.
- Ensure a high level of product knowledge of the hotel and the local area, and know what is happening in the hotel.
- Maximization of room sales and revenue for the hotel by ensuring a sales attitude is adopted at all times and an awareness of all sales opportunities within the hotel is maintained.
- Comply with all company policies relating to Front Office.
- Responsible for the cash inventory allocated to him/her, i.e. daily check, declaring shortfalls and separate calculation of tips.
- Adhere to company credit policies to ensure that all revenue expected will be received.
- Carry out a credit check on each shift.
- Ensure that all charges are posted correctly.
- Cashing cheques and bills of exchange in foreign currencies for hotel guests in accordance with credit policy.
- Receives payment by cash, credit cards, cheques, etc. and is able to post these in the computer correctly.
- Responsible for a float that has been provided by the hotel declaring any shortfalls or overages.
- Carry out correct cashing up at the end of each shift and adjustment of errors.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Front Office Manager or Assistant Front Office Manager.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information to resolve conflicts.
- Basic mathematical skills and considerable skill in the use and operation of a calculator to prepare complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Ability to listen effectively and comprehend the English language to understand and obtain instructions and information.
- Ability to see and hear in order to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
Interested Candidates, please send your CV to email@example.com until February 28, 2017
*** Please type “FO Supervisor” in the subject line of your message. CVs without position name indication in subject will not be considered.