Vacancy for Associate Online Communications Officer in Vienna
OSCE Secretariat is looking for Associate Online Communications Officer in Vienna, Austria.
The Communication and Media Relations Section (COMMS) supports and advises the Secretary General and the OSCE Chairmanship on their media and public relations activities and informs the public about the work of the OSCE through print and online media and public outreach activities.
COMMS also serves as the focal point for public statements from OSCE Institutions and Field Operations. COMMS produces and disseminates press releases, information material, and regular publications, maintains the public website and the Organization’s social media presence, and promotes outreach to participating States, civil society, academic and research institutions, and the general public.
Under the direct supervision of the Online Communications Manager, the incumbent is responsible for defining, creating, editing and publishing the content on the OSCE Social Media presences and the OSCE Public Website.
More specifically, the selected candidate will be tasked with:
- Managing OSCE social media platforms on a day to day basis;
- Identifying and developing content and multimedia elements for publishing on OSCE social media platforms;
- Maintaining content on the OSCE Public Website and other online presences;
- Guiding the work of the network of the OSCE Public website contributors, including training and coaching where necessary;
- Providing quantitative and qualitative evaluation of communication efforts to ensure continued improvement in OSCE digital communications practice;
- Actively following new trends in digital communications with a focus on social media and proposing new ways to engage target audiences;
- Performing other duties as required.
- First-level university degree in humanities, journalism, communications, political science and/or international relations;
- Minimum of four years of relevant professional experience; preferably in an international environment;
- Extensive experience in managing social media platforms and content management systems for large and complex websites;
- Knowledge of photography, modern content management software, web standards and multimedia publishing tools and techniques;
- Familiarity with mark-up and formatting languages (e.g. HTML and CSS), usability and user experience methodologies is an asset;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; working knowledge of another OSCE official language is an asset;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work co-operatively with colleagues who have different cultural, religious and professional backgrounds as well as different genders, diverse political views, and approaches to problems, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
- Monthly remuneration is approximately EUR 4,857, depending on post adjustment and family status;
- OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation in Austria;
- Social benefits will include possibility of participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund;
- Other allowances and benefits are similar to those offered under the United Nations Common System.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see www.osce.org/states.
For more information please visit the official website.