Policy Officers for European Youth Forum
The European Youth Forum (YFJ) is the leading organization advocating for rights of young people. It is a Platform of Youth Organisations, independent, democratic and youth-led, we represent 103 National Youth Councils and International Youth Organisations from across the Continent. The Youth Forum works to empower young people to participate actively in society to improve their own lives, by representing and advocating their needs and interests and those of their organizations towards the European Institutions, the Council of Europe and the United Nations.
The Policy Officers will work in the Policy and Advocacy Department and report to one of the Department’s Team Leaders. They will work on the implementation of the policies defined by the European Youth Forum Strategic Priorities and the Implementation Plan.
- Have at least a 2 years professional experience in policy making, advocacy or interest-representation and a good understanding of policy making at either national, European or Global level;
- A higher education degree in social science, law, political science, international or EU affairs or other relevant field is strongly desirable but can be compensated by relevant NGO and/or non-formal education experience;
- Experience in the area of sustainable development, employment, social inclusion or political participation is preferable;
- Quick learner with strong ability to develop knowledge on new concepts and adapt to new processes;
- An open and avid communicator and a strong team player, proactively including colleagues and member organisations in your work;
- Background experience in youth work, particularly in a youth organisation and in non-formal education is a strong asset;
- Sensitivity to youth issues in the field of education;
- Experience with working in a multicultural environment;
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis and to work flexible hours and on weekends, when required;
- Willingness to live in Belgium.
The gross monthly salary is EUR 2.754. A relocation package, hospitalisation insurance and other benefits are available. Travel expenses within the Brussels region are covered by the European Youth Forum.
How to apply?
To submit your application for this vacancy, please use the new European Youth Forum online recruitment system:
- Create a user account: click on “Registration” and fill in your personal details;
2. Go to the “private area” and login with your username and password;
3. Click on the vacancy and apply;
4. Respond to our application questions;
5. Upload your CV.
Find more information on the official website.