What is GoEuro? GoEuro is Europe’s leading travel platform. In a single search it connects you to any city center in Europe via train, bus and plane. GoEuro’s smart technology makes international travel comprehensive, convenient and cheap. Headquartered in Berlin, comprising a bunch of more than 170 travel enthusiasts with 35+ different nationalities. GoEuro believs in the power of technology and travel to transform people’s lives. Value healthy work relationships, creative problem solving and, naturally, fun are the highest values.
GoEuro is searching for a smart intern with solid Java programming skills. As a Software Engineering Intern at GoEuro, you will:
- Be part of an international, talented and agile Development team that is building the core backend components of our system;
- Mainly be working with Java;
- Get knowledge in software into micro services.
The following tasks are waiting for you: –
- Improve the travel search backend & booking engine of GoEuro;
- Work with a massive amount of parallel in going and outgoing requests;
- Measure quality and improve results served to millions of users;
- Integrate travel providers from the air, rail and bus industry.
- Experience in coding with Java – SQL / data management knowledge;
- A basic knowledge of HTML;
- Good understanding of Agile development methodologies;
- Previous experience in Rest API development;
- Good spoken and written English (other languages are considered a plus, German is NOT needed!)
- Exciting technical challenges to work on and great opportunities to learn, grow and develop;
- A young and dynamic start-up environment with a fast and agile development cycle;
- Lots of nice benefits such as free German classes, yoga lessons, a variety of team buildings, social events and flexible working-hours.