Project Research Associate at ECMI
The European Centre for Minority Issues (ECMI) is expanding its Eastern Partnership Programme team and invites applications for a new position as Project Research Associate within the field of “Minority Studies” beginning as soon as possible. Minority Studies at ECMI cover research on national and ethnic autochthonous minority issues in Europe. The successful candidate will be attached to our Ukraine team focusing on supporting the democratization of Ukraine’s minority governance and enhancing inter-cultural dialogue between minorities and majorities. Responsibilities include conducting applied research as well as knowledge dissemination and transfer in and about Ukraine under the guidance of the academic director of the Eastern Partnership Programme. Monitoring European Union (EU) policies will be part of this portfolio. The position entails extensive travel to Ukraine during project implementation and participation in the planning and execution of the ECMI events organised in Ukraine.
- A PhD-degree or a near finished PhD in law, politics/IR, history or the social sciences;
- Good research skills;
- The ability to work in a team and under time pressure;
- Good organisational skills;
- The ability to communicate well in written and spoken English are necessary;
- Prior knowledge from the field of Minority Studies and the European minority rights regime, especially with regard to EU policies;
- Knowledge of EU programming in support of the Eastern Partnership countries is highly welcome;
- Language skills in one or more Eastern European languages would be an advantage.
- A contract for 12 months with renewal option pending funding of activities;
- International and multilingual working environment in Flensburg, German-Danish border region;
- Varied tasks and opportunities for travel and professional development;
- Remuneration is determined on the basis of the candidate’s skills and German pay levels.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants are asked to submit:
- A letter of motivation,
- A CV and a publications list specifying publications in English.
Short-listed candidates may be asked to provide copies of publications. Application material should be marked “Position PRA”. It may be sent electronically to Ms. Maj-Britt Risbjerg Hansen (email@example.com) no later than 20 February 2017.
Interviews will be conducted shortly after the deadline.