Policy BootCamp 2017 – Residential Summer School in India
Policy BootCamp is a flagship program of VIF aimed at training young leaders in public policy and governance. It serves as a launchpad for aspiring public leaders and policy enthusiasts.
BootCamp is a unique opportunity for policy enthusiasts to build an understanding in this field and find out career paths.
- 21 day immersive residential program in Delhi/NCR
- Learn: The Program Focuses on Comprehensive Learning and Career Trajectories in Public Policy & Public Leadership.
- Engage: Engagement Opportunities to Work with Members of Parliament, Bureaucrats, Think-Tanks, Subject Experts, Panchayats, Policy Initiatives and Governance Enterprises.
- Experience: Field Visits for Community Interactions and Innovatively Designed Modules to Develop a Panoramic Understanding.
- Ideate: Focused Group Discussions and Activities to Work on Policy Problems, Case-Studies, Proposals and more.
- Connect: Live, Laugh, Learn and Connect with a Diverse Community of People Passionate about Making a Difference.
A key element of the Policy BootCamp is the focus on career trajectories in the policy making, governance and public leadership space.
The BootCamp is designed for young people who are ready to launch themselves in the domain of public policy and public leadership.
BootCamp is appropriate for:
- Aspiring public leaders and change makers who want to chart out an impactful career
- Young professionals who want to explore and enter the policy world
- Young development workers who wish to hone their skills in specific areas
- Scholars interested in pursuing higher studies (Masters/PhD) in a policy area
- University students who wish to take up full-fledged careers in public policy and governance
- NRIs and foreign citizens who wish to learn about Indian policy framework and contemporary issues
- Enthusiasts from emerging economies who face similar policy challenges in their countries
- For Indian citizens: ₹ 30,000
- For others: $500
(To be deposited only after selection)
Scholarships will be provided on merit-cum-means basis to deserving applicants.
This amount is inclusive of:
- Air-conditioned accommodation for 21-days
- Meals and local travel during the bootcamp
- Course pack
- Workshops and activities during the bootcamp
- Passes to 4 VIF Conferences/Conclaves after the bootcamp
The selection is based on an online application. The competitive process includes the following:
- Statement of Purpose
- Video Essay (Required for Scholarships)
- Relevant Qualifications and Intent
Shortlisted applicants may also be asked for a web/telephonic interview.
Applications for Policy BootCamp 2017 are now LIVE!
Selections on rolling basis.
In order to apply, .
If you have any questions, check the or write to: firstname.lastname@example.org.