Fellowships Asian Investigative Journalism Conference 2018
Uncovering Asia (IJAsia) is the premier gathering of investigative and data journalists in Asia, held once every two years. This year this unique event will be held in Seoul, Korea, from October 5 to 7, co-hosted by the Global Investigative Journalism Network, the Korean Center for Investigative Journalism (Newstapa), and the Konrad Adenauer Stiftung.
The conference will feature over 60 exciting panels, workshops, and networking sessions, ranging from cross-border collaboration and corruption to advanced data analysis. Here’s a chance to learn from Pulitzer Prize winners, data journalism pioneers, and the best in the business. GIJN conferences are training events, focused on hands-on, practical tips and tools for working journalists. You’ll go back to your newsroom armed with the latest tools and techniques, whether you’re crunching data or tracking dirty money.
With the support of their sponsors, GIJN is offering fellowships to both established and young promising journalists in developing and transitioning countries in Asia to participate in this prestigious event. Competition is keen, so you need to convince them that you’ll make great use of the training IJAsia18 offers. GIJN will notify the winners via email in July.
Following the conference, fellows are required to either produce a story or give a presentation in your home country, based on what you learned at the conference. Examples here.
- Open to full-time print, online, television, video, radio and multimedia journalists in developing or transitioning countries in Asia;
- Experience in investigative or data journalism a plus;
- Western journalists based in Asia are not eligible. And they draw the line for Asia at Afghanistan and the other ‘stans. The Middle East, the Caucasus and Russia are not eligible.
IJAsia18 Fellowship Includes
- Round-trip airfare between your home and Seoul, South Korea;
- Hotel room for three nights at the Seoul Millennium Hilton;
- Transport between an airport in Seoul and the conference hotel;
- Breakfast and lunch on conference days;
- Closing ceremony banquet dinner;
- Conference fee.
NOTE: The fellowship does not include a per diem, visa fees, or transport to and from your home country airport.
How to apply?
In order to apply and read more information about this programme please visit the official website.
Објавата е преземена целосно од: http://www.mladiinfo.eu/2018/03/29/fellowships-asian-investigative-journalism-conference-2018/#ixzz5GtjifcbC