Eotvos Lorand University Scholarships
Stipendium Hungaricum is a scholarship program for international students, founded by the Hungarian Government in 2013. The program aims to promote cultural understanding, economic and cultural relations between Hungary and other countries. The program seeks to promote cultural understanding, economic and cultural relations between Hungary and other countries. Eotvos Lorand University is a Hungarian public research university based in Budapest. Founded in 1635, ELTE is one of the largest and the most prestigious public higher education institutions in Hungary.
Fields of studies: Faculty of Education and Psychology, Faculty of Humanities, Faculty of Informatics, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Science and Faculty of Social Sciences
The Stipendium Hungaricum Programme is based on effective bilateral educational cooperation agreements between the Ministry of Human Capacities of Hungary and the partner’s Ministry responsible for higher education.
Applications will be considered eligible if the applicant is nominated by the competent authorities of the Sending Partner.
Relevant for every full-time scholarship holder
- No tuition fee;
- Monthly stipend;
In case of non-degree, BA/BSc, MA/MSc and one-tier master level programs: 130 EUR /month contribution to the living expenses in Hungary, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies;
In case of doctoral programs 450 Euro/month for the first phase of education (4 semesters) and 580 EUR for the second phase (4 semesters), for 12 months a year, until completion of studies;
- Dormitory place or additional contribution to accommodation costs: 130 EUR;
- Health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to 205 EUR a year/person.
How to Apply
- All applications shall also be submitted to the responsible authority of the Sending Partner;
- Each Sending Partner might have different deadlines and requirements for submitting the application material;
- Applicants are strongly advised to contact the responsible authority at their Sending Partner as soon as possible and inquire about the exact procedures;
- For contact details of the responsible authority of the Sending Partner, please visit our website
- A nomination list, including a reserve list, will be forwarded to Tempus Public Foundation by the Sending Partner at the beginning of April 2017;
- Applications will be considered only if the applicant is nominated by the Sending Partner. No other applications will be considered.
More information on the official website.