University of Bamberg Scholarships
The Bamberg Graduate School of Social Sciences (BAGSS) is a multidisciplinary Graduate School funded by the German Science Foundation (DFG) as part of the German Excellence Initiative. The School was established in 2010 to create an innovative working and learning environment for exceptionally qualified doctoral researchers. The primary goal of the school is to provide doctoral scholars with an outstanding, supportive environment for learning, research, and career development.
- Applicants should hold a master’s degree or an equivalent in one of the following fields: sociology, psychology, educational sciences, political science, economics, demographics, or statistics. Qualified graduates of related subjects with a strong social science background and with a research proposal fitting into BAGSS’s research profile are also encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must have an excellent command of English. If English is not your native tongue, you will need to provide an English language proficiency proof when being shortlisted and invited for an interview.
The scholarship amounts to 1,365.00 EUR per month plus a grant for material costs, adding up to a total of 1,468.00 EUR, plus family allowances and child-care expenses in accordance with the DFG guidelines where applicable.
How to Apply?
If students wish to apply for a Starter Scholarship, then they should apply online, using an electronic form. Application documents need to be saved as pdf in the following order:
- Cover letter;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Research proposal(s);
- Scan of all academic degree certificates and all university grade transcripts;
- Statement on knowledge of research methods;
- Proof of English skills (if available).