University of British Columbia Fellowship
The University of British Columbia is offering Graduate Global Leadership Fellowships for 2017-2018 academic year for applicants from a developing country. The fellowships are to support international students showing outstanding leadership in humanitarian and development work in their home country. As one of the world’s leading universities, the University of British Columbia creates an exceptional learning environment that fosters global citizenship, advances a civil and sustainable society, and supports outstanding research to serve the people of British Columbia, Canada, and the world.
- Hold a study permit at the beginning of the fellowship funding period;
- Be a citizen of a developing country at the time of application for admission;
- Have shown outstanding leadership in humanitarian and development work in their home country;
- Be starting a PhD or DMA program at the UBC Vancouver campus in January 2017, May 2017, or September 2017;
- Be starting their first doctoral degree;
- Students with external funding (external scholarships, third-party sponsorship, etc.) are eligible to apply, but if successful, recipients will have their Graduate Global Leadership Fellowship funding reduced by the amount of their external funding.
Fellowships of CAD 18,200 per year plus tuition for four years will be awarded. Two new fellowships are offered each year.
How to Apply?
Students complete application form and request supporting documents (transcripts, letters of reference – see application form for details). Students submit their application package to their UBC graduate program – applications submitted directly to the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies will not be accepted. Students are advised to verify their graduate program’s deadline well in advance.
A complete application package consists of:
- Completed and signed Graduate Global Leadership Fellowship application form;
- Academic records for all university-level studies (including studies undertaken but not completed) up to 31 December 2016;
- Two letters of reference. Letters of reference provided with student’s application for admission will be accepted.