UNIL 8th Undergraduate Summer School Scholarships in Switzerland
The new 8th Undergraduate Summer School Scholarships in biological sciences at the University of Lausanne is now available on offer for students from all around the world. The university offers full scholarships which cover tuition costs, living expenses, and justified travel costs will be awarded to all selected participants.
The University of Lausanne in Lausanne, Switzerland was founded in 1537 as a school of theology, before being made a university in 1890. Today about 13,500 students and 2,200 researchers study and work at the university.
The candidate must be the holder of a degree from a foreign university. Participants must prove a good knowledge of English in their motivation letter (number of years of Language classes taken, specific experience in an English-speaking environment etc.) and IELTS or TOEFL test.
- The programme is aimed at undergraduate students who have completed the second or third year of their university degree in any biological or medical field. Undergraduate means the first 4 years of university training usually towards a bachelor’s degree;
- The programme is highly competitive and students are chosen based upon their academic record (typically GPA >3.75 or equivalent, and/or top 5% class ranking), personal statements, and letters of recommendation;
- Students can be of any nationality and be studying in any country but should have very good abilities in written and spoken English.
- The program coordinator will arrange and pay for the housing. You will be housed within one of the buildings of the FMEL association, in a single room within an apartment with shared kitchen and bathroom facilities. The program coordinator will inform you when your housing assignment is made, how to contact them and where it is located;
- The programme will also provide you a scholarship of approximately around EUR 1,274.73 to cover other living expenses. It is advised to bring extra money for expenses above and beyond standard housing and living expenses (e.g., weekend travel);
- Limited funds are available to cover justified costs of travel to Lausanne. In general, up to around EUR 424.9 for European travel and around EUR 1,019 for overseas travel is covered. Original receipts and boarding passes will be required for reimbursement;
- Assistance will be provided to all students who require visas to come to Switzerland;
- Participants must be covered for health and accidents from their home country.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application.
For more information, please visit the official web page.