Fellowships on Specialized Reporting
The University of Toronto’s Munk School of Global Affairs invites specialists who have a graduate or professional degree or a few years’ work experience to apply for a Fellowship in Global Journalism.
Fellows will spend September 2017 to April 2018 reporting on their own discipline for major media while being mentored by leading journalists. Curriculum topics include investigative journalism, writing, freelance tradecraft, deep interviewing skills, performance and global dynamics. Fellows will also participate in a one-month bootcamp during which they will learn the fundamentals of journalism.
- Professionals in any field who wish to cover their speciality as full-time or part-time reporters for media around the world can apply;
- Have a graduate or professional degree or a few years’ work experience;
- Written and spoken fluency in English
The fellowship will cover CAD10,000 (USD 7,469) of CAD26,000 (USD 19,419) tuition. Fellows will continue to receive free coaching for two years after the program through monthly online bureau meetings.
How to apply?
If you would like to apply for September 2017, please send your CV, or LinkedIn profile to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is February 1, 2017.
Please complete all of the following materials and submit all of it as attachments or links, by e-mail, to email@example.com:
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae;
- Official Academic Transcripts and/or Professional Designation. (PDF scan);
- Official transcripts of your academic recordfrom each university attended and/or an official record of your professional designation are required for admission;
- Two Story Proposals;
- One Fully-Reported Story, with visual treatment;
- Additional Communications Examples;
- Personal Essay;
- Video Statement;
- Three letters of recommendationare required, from referees who are familiar with your academic and/or professional work.