National University of Singapore Scholarships (NGSS) for International Students, 2017
The National University of Singapore (Abbreviation: NUS) is an autonomous university in Singapore. Founded in 1905, it is the oldest institute of higher learning (IHL) in Singapore, as well as the largest university in the country in terms of student enrolment and curriculum offered. NUS is a research-intensive, comprehensive university with an entrepreneurial dimension.
NUS is ranked among Asia’s top two universities in both the QS World University Rankings and the Times Higher Education World University Rankings in 2018. According to the latest 2018 QS World University Rankings, NUS is placed 15th in the world and 2nd in Asia, surpassed by rival Nanyang Technological University. Alternatively, the ARWU ranking system published by the Shanghai Ranking Consultancy that measures universities academic achievements and research performance places NUS 83rd worldwide.
NUS’s main campus is located in South-West Singapore adjacent to Kent Ridge, with an area of 150 hectares (0.58 sq mi).The Bukit Timah campus houses the Faculty of Law, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy and research institutes, while the Duke-NUS Medical School Singapore is located at the Outram campus.
Graduate School for Integrative Sciences and Engineering is inviting applications for international scholarships. Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD research programme in diverse fields at Graduate School for Integrative Sciences and Engineering to help students in upgrading their education. GRE is compulsory for all applicants, except NUS and NTU Bachelor degree holders and final-year undergraduates.
- Opens worldwide.
- Graduates with a passion for cross-disciplinary research in science, engineering, computing, and related aspects of medicine.
- Graduates with at least 2nd Upper Honours, or equivalent qualifications.
- GRE is compulsory for all applicants, except NUS and NTU Bachelor degree holders and final-year undergraduates. Please note it cannot be substituted by GATE.
- TOEFL / IELTS (either can be used) is only compulsory for applicants whose< >native tongue OR medium of undergraduate instructionis not in English
- Monthly stipend, up to 4 years of the PhD studies, OR up to date of graduation, whichever is earlier, of
- S$3,500 for Singapore Citizens, plus Central Provident Fund (CPF) contributions at a rate pegged to the prevailing employer’s contribution rate set by CPF
- S$3,200 for Singapore Permanent Residents
- S$3,000 for International students
- Full tuition fee subsidy for 4 years.
- Other allowances include
- computer allowance
- book allowance
- conference allowance.
- Student must commit to PhD from the outset, cannot exit with MSc.
Please follow the application instructions HERE in its entirety.
- Only online applications via https://inetapps.nus.edu.sg/GDA2/Home.aspx are accepted.
- You must also complete a critical Google Questionnaire.
- Your application is only considered COMPLETE after you
- submit your PDF dossier
- submit your hardcopy package
- complete and submit your Google Questionnaire
- BEFORE the application deadline.
- Please refer to the application instructions HERE for comprehensive details.
For NGS Scholarship – specific enquiries, please contact Ms Anuradha Chandra <[email protected]>.
- Only COMPLETE (with all required documents) application(s) received BEFORE the application deadline will be processed.
- Completed / Incomplete application received AFTER the application deadline will be automatically considered for the next Intake.