SJDAW Graduate Scholarship at University of Prince Edward Island in Canada
The University of Prince Edward Island is awarding SJDAW Graduate Scholarship to pursue research in the field of animal welfare. The scholarship is available for both Canadian and International students.
The scholarship will support the training of researchers at the Masters or Doctoral level to pursue animal welfare research at the University of Prince Edward Island (UPEI), Prince Edward Island, Canada.
The University of Prince Edward Island has a long-standing tradition of academic excellence dating back to the early 19th century, with roots in its founding institutions, Prince of Wales College (PWC).
This competition is open to any candidate who meets the admission criteria for graduate studies at UPEI1 For information on satisfying the UPEI criteria for admission.
- Masters Student (Domestic) USD 24,522 – renewable for one additional year;
- Masters Student (International) USD 31,467 – renewable for one additional year;
- Ph.D. Student (Domestic) USD 24,522 – renewable for two additional years;
- Ph.D. Student (International) USD 31,467 – renewable for two additional years;
How to Apply?
The attachments to the email application package must be in English and must include a letter of intent highlighting areas of interest and specifically addressing each of the selection criteria below, a current curriculum vitae, and academic records. Academic records include scanned copies of official transcripts from all university courses completed by the time of application, together with academic awards, prizes and scholarships.
Applicants must provide:
- One example of their academic writing, e.g. an academic publication, thesis or essay. Additional publications are to be listed in the CV;
- A letter of commitment from the proposed supervisor at AVC/UPEI to include provisions for operating funding if the applicant is successful (i.e., funding currently in place or applied for, or an outline of plans to obtain funding);
- A one-page outline of their animal welfare research project that has been agreed upon with the proposed supervisor;
For more information please visit the official website.