German Federal Environmental Foundation Scholarship
The German Federal Environmental Foundation (DBU) is offering 60 scholarships to young scientists. Scholarships are available to doctoral students for carrying out a research programme in the field of environmental protection at German universities. The aim of the scholarships is to attract the best and most motivated people to Germany.
The Deutsche Bundesstiftung Umwelt DBU (German Federal Environmental Foundation) is one of Europe’s largest foundations and promotes innovative and exemplary environmental projects. Scholarships are available to doctoral students for the research programme at German universities.
Scholarships are awarded to:
- Foreign applicants with a good knowledge of German, so that integration into the DBU scholarship network is possible;
- Students who will choose a thesis topic that is of high relevance and can contribute to solving problems in environmental protection and conservation.
As of 01.07.2016:
- The basic grant per month is 1,500 Euros;
- In addition to the scholarship, a monthly allowance of 210 Euros for material and travel costs (reimbursement of expenses allowance);
- Financial support, health, accident and liability insurance is also provided.
How to Apply?
Applications should be submitted online. As part of the online application also the following documents as a PDF file to be deposit:
- A detailed presentation of the research project in German (Max. 20 A4 pages, 1.5 line spacing);
- A short, meaningful description as possible of the project;
- Problem statement, justification and objective of the proposed transaction, funding guidelines for the Fellowship Programme;
- A detailed description of the state of science and technology in Subject (with literature discussion);
- Detailed information on the procedure and on the methods;
- Detailed time and work schedule (1 – 2 pages);
- Have already made preparations;
- Information on cooperation with other scientists.