ECRE Policy Officer – Refugee Inclusion and Administrative Assistant
ECRE in Brussels is offering a Policy Officer – Refugee Inclusion, Administrative Assistant – UNHCR Strategic Partnership position for 12-months starting in February 2017. The purpose of the position is to support the inclusion of refugees in European societies through influencing European policy and practice on inclusion and integration.
- Leading ECRE’s work on refugee inclusion;
- Influencing EU policy and practice;
- Monitoring and influencing EU funding for inclusion/integration;
- Support to inclusion of refugees in ECRE’s work;
- Supporting and mobilising ECRE membership;
- Contribution to ECRE’s overall work.
- Have a University degree or equivalent experience; additional training is an advantage;
- Have minimum five years’ experience of work for a non-profit or within a comparable policy environment with a focus on inclusion and the rights of refugees;
- Be experienced in working for a network would be a strong advantage;
- Have organisational skills, be proactive, with a problem-solving approach; reliable and responsible; flexible and able to contribute to office life;
- Ability to work within a complex civil society alliance (open-minded, innovative ideas, patient, resilient, good negotiation skills and the ability to draft and promote compromises);
- Persons with a refugee background are strongly encouraged to apply for all positions at ECRE.
Fixed-term contract for 12 months from starting date with the possibility of renewal and eventual transition to a permanent contract (subject to satisfactory performance);
Salary range: EUR 2200 to 2700, plus additional holiday pay, insurance, transport and meal allowance.
How to apply?
If you are interested in applying please send a copy of your CV (maximum two pages) and a cover letter explaining why you are qualified for the position and the date you are available to start work to Catherine Woollard ([email protected]) by 18 January 2017, stating “Policy Officer” in the subject heading.