SWP Internship for International Students
SWP offers a limited number of three-month full-time internships for highly motivated students. They are particularly interested in attracting young academics in political science and related social sciences (economics, law, administration, occasionally also regional studies, ethnology or journalism). The interns’ based offices will be in Berlin-Wilmersdorf.
They accept students at the following stages:
- Students already studying for a Master degree (also Hauptstudium in the German Magister/Staatsexamen/Diplom system);
- Holders of Bachelor degree who can demonstrate they are applying for a place on a master’s degree course and who expect to be regular master’s students at the time proposed for the internship;
- Holders of Bachelor/ Master degree who are enrolled on an additional Bachelor or Master degree course.
Interns at SWP receive EUR 300 per month. Exceptions are only possible where the internship is already funded by another public or private organisation. The deadlines for applications:
- 30 June 2017 (for an internship starting no earlier than September 2017);
- 30 September 2017 (for an internship starting no earlier than December 2017).
How to Apply?
- Download the Application form;
- Motivational letter (maximum one page);
- For a mandatory internship: confirmation that the internship is a formal requirement, including required duration (copy of relevant passage from degree regulations or letter from university);
- Bachelor degree certificate (or evidence of completion of Grundstudium for Magister/Diplom/Staatsexamen students);
- Interim and leaving certificates;
- References, work references (if available, copies);
- Valid confirmation of student status (copy) or university confirmation of application for a place on a master’s degree course (original, must include expected enrolment date);
- Residence permit (non-EU/EEA applicants, copy);
- If a public or private body has awarded funding for your internship, please supply documentation (including the amount).
For more information please visit the official website.