The Fox International Fellowship Program offers a fully funded research stay at Yale University for doctoral and graduating master’s students during the academic year of 2017-2018. International students are eligible to apply for these fellowships. The goal of the Fox International Fellowship Program is to enhance mutual understanding between the peoples of the United States and other countries by promoting international scholarly exchanges and collaborations among the next generation of leaders.
- Graduate level students pursuing doctoral degrees and graduating master’s level students are eligible;
- Must demonstrate a commitment to serious research and show excellence in relevant coursework as well as strong evidence of research ability in the field of endeavor they are proposing as their Fox Fellowship project;
- The candidate’s language skills must be sufficient both to succeed in their research project and to engage in the intellectual and social community of the host university and with their colleagues in the Fox International Fellowship at Yale.
- Fox International Fellows at Yale will receive funding for one round-trip coach airfare, housing, health insurance, and a stipend determined by Yale University to cover living expenses at the normal rates for graduate students registered for a degree at Yale University;
- Fellows may also be eligible to request an additional stipend for pre-approved research travel expenses relevant to their Fox research projects;
- Successful applicants from the University of Copenhagen must remain registered for a degree at the University of Copenhagen.
At Yale University will appoint them as Visiting Affiliated Research Students in the Division of Special Registration for non-degree study by the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences.
How to apply?
Applications must be submitted by e-mail to PhD Coordinator Anne Mette Schaffalitzky at email@example.com
A complete application packet will include the following, all in English:
- Complete identification and contact information for the applicant with name, address, gender, degree program and expected graduation date;
- Statement of interest and research agenda wrote an essay addressing the specific research plan and how it fits with the goals and fields of interest to the Fox Fellowship (max 3 pages. Pages exceeding 3 will not be taken into consideration);
- One essay addressing the applicants’ experience and plans to fulfil the Fox Fellowship goal of fellows serving as citizen ambassadors, displaying leadership and interpersonal skills to promote peace and prosperity in the future (max 3 pages. Pages exceeding 3 will not be taken into consideration);
- Two letters of reference from relevant faculty members at the University of Copenhagen who can comment on the applicant’s research and studies as well as their commitment to leadership and service in the context of the Fox Fellowship’s overall goals;
- Official transcript of the relevant degree program;
- Recent TOEFL or IELTS scores, if available (not mandatory).