The Google Podcasts creator program is a partnership between Google and PRX that trains, mentors, and provides resources to underrepresented voices in podcasting around the world.
Last year, they welcomed early-stage producers from Brazil, Chile, Colombia, India, Kenya, Lebanon, Spain, and the United States. This year, the program will serve creators from around the globe who have produced at least five episodes of their podcast since January 2019, and who want to advance their skills and take their productions to the next level.
Free to participants, the 12-week training will be entirely virtual and conducted by PRX alongside international industry experts and Google Podcasts creator program alumni.
Creative, engaged producers who:
- Have an active, existing podcast and have published at least five episodes since January 2019 by the application due date
- Represent a range of geographies, backgrounds, views, voices and styles
- Are BIPOC podcasters and creators from traditionally marginalized groups
- Have a fresh and compelling podcast
- Have a sense of the audience they are trying to reach
- Have a sense of how they want their show to sound
- Are open to change and interested in making their podcasts sustainable through teamwork and planning for revenue and audience growth
Creators in the program will receive:
- Training on topics such as storytelling, sound design, and reaching audiences through marketing and engagement;
- Regular feedback on all aspects of their production, including editorial and technical input;
- Equipment and software to help meet independent production needs amid the challenging circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic; and,
- Up to USD 12,000 in funding for use as they see fit for their productions.
How to apply?
To apply, please create an account or log in here.
For more information, please visit the official web page.