The Summer Short Story Award for New Writers runs from July 1st to August 30th. All winners and honorable mentions will receive agency review by: Nat Sobel from Sobel Weber, Victoria Cappello from The Bent Agency, Andrea Morrison from Writers House, Sarah Fuentes from Fletcher & Company, Heather Schroder from Compass Talent, and Siohban McBride from Carnicelli Literary Management. We want you to succeed, and we want your writing to be read. It’s been our mission to support emerging writers since day one.
- Previously unpublished stories only
- Simultaneous and multiple submissions allowed
- Emerging writers only
- International English submissions allowed
- USD 20 entry fee
- Please, no identifying information on your story
- All stories are considered for publication
- If requesting an editorial letter, please indicate on your cover letter if the submissions is fiction or creative nonfiction
The winning story will be awarded USD 3000 and publication online. Second and third place stories will be awarded publication and USD 300 and USD 200 respectively.
How to Apply?
For more information, and in order to apply, please visit the official web page.