Applications are open for the University of Sydney Faculty of Science Dean’s International Postgraduate Research Scholarship 2020/21. Funded by the Faculty of Science at the University of Sydney, International Postgraduate Research Scholarships aims to support outstanding higher degree research students with their studies.
The University of Sydney is an Australian public research university in Sydney, Australia. Founded in 1850, it is Australia’s first university and is regarded as one of the world’s leading universities.
- have offer of admission for full-time studies in a master’s by research or doctor of philosophy (PhD)
- be currently enrolled either
- the final year of at least a four-year bachelor’s degree in science or relevant discipline area,
- an equivalent degree at a non-Australian university, with at least 25% of the final year of the degree being a research component
- have achieved a minimum weighted average mark (WAM) equivalent to a grade of 85
- not be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or a New Zealand citizen
- apply for a Research Training Program (RTP) Fee Offset and Stipend scholarship
Note: Applicant must not be in receipt of an alternative scholarship that also provides tuition support and/or a primary stipend allowance.
- The Scholarship will provide an annual stipend allowance equivalent to the Research Training Program (RTP) stipend rate indexed annually on January one, for up to three years for a PhD recipient, or 2 years for those undertaking a Masters by Research, subject to satisfactory academic performance. PhD recipients may apply for an extension of up to 6 months.
- Academic course fees and the Student Services Amenities Fee are also provided for an initial 12 research periods for a PhD recipient and 8 research periods for a Masters by Research recipient. PhD recipients may apply for up to a 2 research period extension.
- The Scholarship will also cover overseas health cover for the recipient (single cover only) for the normal full-time duration of their higher degree studies and will provide reimbursement for the initial visa application fee required to commence their research studies at the University of Sydney.
- Periods of study already undertaken towards the degree prior to the commencement of the Scholarship will be deducted from the maximum duration of the Scholarship excluding the potential extension period.
- The Scholarship is for commencement in relevant research period for which it is offered and can only be deferred for up to up to two research periods with the prior permission of the Associate Dean (Research Education). Deferment beyond two research periods can only be approved with the prior permission of the Dean of the Faculty of Science. The Scholarship cannot be transferred to another University school, faculty or university.
- No other amount is payable.
- The Scholarship will be offered subject to the availability of funding.
How to apply?
For more information and to apply please visit the official website.