Applications are open for the Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award offered by the University of British Columbia (UBC) for the academic year of 2020/2021.
This award recognizes outstanding international undergraduate students from impoverished or war-torn areas who have achieved academic excellence under difficult circumstances, and who would be unable to attend university without financial assistance.
To be considered for the Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award:
- One must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- One must be graduating or have recently graduated from a recognized senior secondary school.
- One must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- One must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
- One must demonstrate superior academic achievement (achieve all As or equivalent standard) and leadership potential.
- One must come from a war-torn, politically unstable, or economically disadvantaged region of the world.
- One must have achieved academic excellence under difficult circumstances and have no financial means from family or other sources to pursue post-secondary education in your own country (because it is unavailable or unattainable) or outside your country (because it is unaffordable).
- The value of Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award would cover the provided financial need and be sufficient to cover living expenses and tuition costs for the degree of study.
- An attractive award will be provided.
- The award may be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to degree completion – whichever comes first – provided the student achieves satisfactory academic standing.
How to apply?
For more information and to apply, please visit the official website.