|UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.HeForShe Initiative – Portfolio
Created by UN Women, the HeForShe solidarity movement for gender equality provides a systematic approach and targeted platform on which men and boys can engage and become change agents towards the achievement of gender equality. HeForShe invites men and boys to build on the work of the women’s movement as equal partners.
Getting to a world where women and men are equal is not just a matter of bringing men to the cause. The goals of HeForShe are much bigger: systematic, structural change that will equalize the economic, social and political realities for women and men. Under the direction of the Head of PMSU, the Programme Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of an effective advocacy strategy taking into account the following key strategic partners: UN Agencies, HeForShe Supporters, Public and Private Institutions including Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and Student Supporters. The ideal candidate understands how more effective project and partner management will help deliver more impactful, creative, stronger external relationships, and better service to internal audiences, which will advance the mission of HeForShe.
HeForShe is seeking someone who is organized to work effectively, sees order in (seeming) chaos and prioritize accordingly, relishes the opportunity to work with colleagues from around the world, and has excellent interpersonal skills. The candidate should thrive in a fast-paced environment, work well in team settings and have strong prioritization skills.
The Programme Manager is a key member of HeForShe senior management, supporting the oversight and coordination of all functions. S/he develops and participates in major decisions to ensure delivery of UN Women’s goals and financial results. Our ideal candidate is expected to be a hands-on leader capable of handling operations and play an advisory role to the Senior Advisor from whom much of the day to day responsibilities of managing the HeForShe initiative will be transferred to this new Programme Manager role. S/he is responsible for maintaining and improving operational excellence and supports the analysis of results achieved during implementation and supports their documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities
|Refine the HeForShe strategy and approach:
Manage the implementation of HeForShe:
Manage the Youth Engagement Strategy for HeForShe:
Build partnerships and provide support in developing resource mobilization strategies:
Provide guidance and support to HeForShe Champions and other key partners:
Manage the people and finances of the HeForShe Programme:
Facilitate knowledge building:
Key Performance Indicators:
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: http://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-employment-values-and-competencies-definitions-en.pdf
- A Master’s degree in Politics, International Relations, Communications, Marketing, Public or Business Administration, Social Sciences or other relevant field is required;
- A combination of a Bachelor’s degree with an additional 2 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s degree.
- Minimum 7 years working in conceptualizing, building and playing a leadership role in transformative organizing campaigns/movements or Programme / Project Management experience, when combined with a master’s degree is required;
- Previous experience working in national politics presidential / political party election campaigns and / or international advocacy campaigns;
- Experience in the UN is highly desired;
- Experience in a consultancy / advisory role is an asset;
- Familiarity with the Sustainable Development Goals is an asset.
- Fluency in oral and demonstrably superior writing skills in English is required;
- Proficiency in another UN working language is desirable.
TA International Contract
How to apply?
All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment. Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.
In order to apply, please visit th official web page.