Vienna Graduate School of Finance provides financial support to outstanding students from around the world. The VGSF programme is available for full-time PhD programme in Finance.
The Vienna Graduate School of Finance is a center of excellence in Finance, located in Vienna, Austria. Its main activities are academic research and PhD education. VGSF faculty members are very well connected in the international Finance community.
- Successful completion of a relevant Master’s program or a relevant equivalent degree program in Finance at a recognized Austrian or foreign post-secondary institution of education;
- Proficiency in financial economics;
- Proficiency in mathematics and/or statistics;
- Adequate English proficiency;
- Achievement potential.
The financial support is about 2,000 EUR gross per month. After deducting insurance, tax, etc. it is about 1,450 EUR (14 salaries/year).
How to Apply?
In the online application form you have to provide the following information (note: uploaded pdf-files are well-arranged and organized for screening applications. However, they advise you to avoid filenames like “scan1.pdf”, and recommend naming files such that their contents can be easily identified)
- A self-statement of purpose;
- All degree certificates;
- All official transcripts (advised is to provide grading scales or similar information; otherwise grades/transcripts may have little or no meaning, and/or may be difficult to interpret);
- Curriculum vitae;
- GMAT or GRE (code number 9618) test scores; mandatory (!) and not older than five years;
- Proof of English competence plus Another proof of your English competence (e.g. full degree program done in English, Master thesis in English, exchange program, internship);
- Reference letters.