EVS in Italy in Environmental Education
Ostello dei Balocchi is looking for two volunteers. The two volunteers will be involved in environmental education activities within the hosting organization:
- Assist in the creation of eco-sustainable touristic path for visitors, with the goal of widening the offer for foreign visitors;
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of didactic workshops for primary school students;
- Design and implement didactic workshops proposed by themselves;
- Provide assistance during excursions with donkeys, trekking and summer camps;
- Provide assistance to the staff for daily activities: welcoming of the guests, in particular foreign ones, cleaning of the hostel and of the surrounding area, performing small maintenance, supporting farming activities;
- Provide assistance in the care of donkeys: not only feeding and cleaning but in terms of creating a positive creation with the animals;
- Participate in meetings in the secondary schools of the area, to promote Erasmus+ programme;
- Support the implementation of Youth Exchanges;
- Support the communication of the association, also at International level;
- Participate in the creation of an online guide on the project run by Legambiente Ligonchio.
- Aged 18-30;
- Ready to live for a long time in a rural environment;
- Love nature and animals and open-air activities;
- Ready to perform tasks in close relation with donkeys such as excursions;
- Strong motivation in working with children and be ready to follow the association’s code of conduct when working with them;
- Past experiences in socio-educational context and in volunteer work are appreciated;
- Available in May – October 2017.
- The travel costs will be reimbursed up to a certain amount allocated by the European Commission;
- Accommodation, food and tickets for the local transports are provided by the host organization;
- The volunteer will also receive pocket money monthly.
How to apply?