Nominations are open for the WISE Emerging Leaders Fellowship Program 2021. WISE Emerging Leaders is a nine-month program that aims to cultivate the next generation of systems leaders in education with the tools, skills, community, and mindset required to transform their communities and change systems.
WISE is seeking to collaborate with high impact organizations to nominate young education professionals from within their organizations or network to support their professional and personal development. In addition to completing three residential training (two virtual and depending on the evolution of the COVID-19 pandemic, one in person) provided by WISE, fellows will contribute to their organizations by applying their new skills on a project identified prior to or during the first residential session.
By working together with the WISE community, they hope to empower a generation of education development leaders through combining knowledge with practical experience. The program is built on the conviction that empowering and mentoring young talent in education is integral to supporting and elevating innovation in education.
- Online Modules
- Fellows will have the opportunity to partake in expert-led masterclasses and webinars on key education topics
- Monthly feedback and reflection webinars
- First and second residential sessions: Fellows will participate in two two-week virtual residential sessions between May and June, which will be delivered by experienced facilitators. During the sessions, they will take part in a series of experiential workshops on topics such as:
- Ethical and collaborative leadership
- Wellbeing and personal development
- Systems change in education and community building
- Peer learning
- Collaborative project work
- Personal and group reflection
- Project development
- The selected fellows will identify a potential project with their organization or a new one during the first residential session to apply the learnings from the session throughout the rest of the fellowship.
- Participants will work with their organization to pilot and/or implement the selected project.
- WISE will support the project development process though tailored mentorship, training and networking opportunities. Please note that WISE does not dispense any funds to projects or individuals.
- Fellows will also be asked to submit monthly blog posts about their ongoing work and reflections for the WEL blog. The blog posts are mandatory and selected fellows may be required to participate in other media activities/events as identified by WISE.
- Fellows will be asked to submit a final deliverable documenting their work at the end of the program.
- Third residential session: Based on the work demonstrated by the fellow over the course of the program and final project deliverable, selected fellows will be invited to participate in a closing workshop and training during the last quarter of 2021, either in person or virtually.
- Candidates must be between the ages of 25 and 33 years of age.
- Candidates must hold a valid travel document.
- Candidates should be proficient in spoken and written English, and should be comfortable presenting and speaking in public.
- Candidates must be curious minded, flexible and comfortable in multicultural environments.
- The candidate has a strong profile showing a steady record of accomplishments in the field of education (academic, professional and/or personal). S/he has also been involved in education and/or development projects for at least 3 years.
- The candidate clearly demonstrates engagement in social issues and how s/he has sought to overcome them through innovative ideas, and initiatives.
- Candidates must demonstrate potential for growth within the nominating organization.
WISE will cover flights, accommodation, meals and in country transportation for the selected candidates for the residential sessions.
How to apply?
Completed forms in English should be submitted through the online portal by February 28, 2021, 1300 GMT.
Read the guidelines here.
For more information, please visit the official website.