ENTERTAINMENT- Bringing Social Rights to our Local Agendas
Youth Social Rights Network, supported by the European Youth Foundation of the Council of Europe, in the period of 2017, will be implementing a set of activities, also known as “The Cinema for Social Rights – Supporting the process of improvement of social rights for young people in Europe”, so as to improve access to social rights of young people.
The Cinema for Social Rights has several elements. It starts with “ENTERtainment”, an International training for improvement of youth workers’ competences. During the ENTERtainment, participants will be trained for and expected to develop advocacy strategies and action plans.
Time after the ENTERtainment is focused on implementing the planned strategies. It is the time focused on moving slowly towards“The Second Base” where people who are actively involved will meet in Greece so as to support each other, evaluate what has been done so far, revise the strategy or local action plans if necessary.
- Youth workers working with young people and/or within the field of social advocacy;
- Social workers, teachers and/or other professionals working in the field of social rights of young people and youth policies;
- Motivated to develop advocacy competences and use them in supporting the improvement of access to social rights of young people particularly ones coming from disadvantaged neighborhoods and facing fewer opportunities;
- Be 18-30 years old (we do welcome a certain percentage of older participants;
- Be able to work in English;
- To be citizens of one of the following Council of Europe member states: Former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia, Georgia, Greece, The Netherlands, Portugal, Serbia, Estonia, Denmark, Russian federation, United Kingdom, Turkey, Romania, Spain, Armenia, Bulgaria, Albania, Croatia (few exception can be made for participants representing other Council of Europe member states).
- All participants are required to pay a participation fee of 30 euros. The fee is deducted from the refund of travel expenses. Visa costs will be fully reimbursed;
- International travel costs will be reimbursed up to 70% of the total amount of the ticket;
- Participants will be accommodated in summer cottages in Surami Training Center for Youth.
How to apply?
Candidates should prepare a written application expressing their interest and motivation for joining the activity, which needs to be sent to [email protected] no later than March 24th 2017.
For more information please visit the official web page.