“Empowering Women through Information, Skills and Knowledge: leadership and development”
The Workshop is organised jointly by the USAID, Global Civil Society Strengthening and Counterpart International. This workshop offers participants an opportunity for personal and professional growth. The workshop will bring together 9 professionals with different backgrounds to transfer their knowledge and skills to young girls and early career women for them to handle, assess and lead their own lives and careers. Various range of trainings together will help to connect, inspire and educate young girls for transforming their lives for better, to equip and help them combine and apply their skills and knowledge on practice.
The workshop will continue for 4 days, each aboutdifferent topics. Those are:
- Understanding yourself better – What are your needs, values and how can you live your Truest Self.
- Self-effectiveness, self-confidence, time management and leadership skills.
- Introduction to profitable business. How to start a business with limited budget.
- Women entrepreneurs. Designing, launching and running a new business.
- Identifying opportunities, feasible business models, business plan framework.
- Seminar on “economic empowerment leading to liberation”. How to work in a restricted family environment.
- Leveraging technology for economic empowerment of women.
- Digital training (computer literacy).
- Introduction to Social Entrepreneurship.
- How to combine a social work and business, and benefit both yourself and your community.
- Interpreting gender. Introduction to women rights. Understanding gender equality. Gender equality as the 5th SDG of 2030 Agenda (United Nations).
- CEDAW (Convention on Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women).
At the end of the course, participants gain extensive knowledge and skills on crucial areas for self-development and growth.Participants will have the opportunity to present and discuss their research with their peers and receive feedback from senior professional, and receive certificates.
The project is funded by the USAID and implemented by Counterpart international.
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- young girls between the ages of 18 and 25 years old
- The workshop is open for up to 25 participantswith different educational and professional backgrounds.
The organizers cover all workshop related costs including full board (coffee breaks, lunch) for the selected participants.
Please fill the application form no later than June 25, 2017 (09:00 am).
In order to apply, .
If you have any further questions, please contact Zumrud Jalilova: [email protected].