The UBS Center Scholarships are full scholarships awarded every year to outstanding university graduates to undertake doctoral studies at the Zurich Graduate School of Economics. These Scholarships are open to international students. Scholarships are awarded to candidates on the grounds of outstanding academic merit, and continuing support will be subject to satisfactory completion of course work.
The University of Zurich, located in the city of Zurich, is the largest university in Switzerland, with over 26,000 students. It was founded in 1833 from the existing colleges of theology, law, medicine and a new faculty of philosophy.
- Graduates from around the world;
- Candidates on the grounds of outstanding academic merit, and continuing support will be subject to satisfactory completion of course work;
- Preference may be given to students whose research plans include areas of interest of the UBS International Center of Economics in Society;
- It is strongly recommended that applicants take the GRE (Graduate Record Exam) General Test. Applications without GRE will be reviewed, but not submitting GRE test results will be considered a major drawback and must be offset by very strong academic credentials (e.g., high grade point average). Applicants obtaining a university degree from a non-Bologna country have to hand in a GRE in order to have a chance to be admitted.
- Proficiency in English is required. No specific test is required, but applicants who have taken the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) are encouraged to provide a copy of the official test results. Applicants obtaining a university degree from a non-Bologna country whose native language is not English, have to hand in a recognized English certificate and meet the minimum requirement of the University of Zurich in order to have a chance to be admitted.
The UBS Center Scholarships are full scholarships, covering living expenses and all fees. Scholarship holders are free to choose their supervisor and have no mandatory duties beyond the completion of the course work and their doctorate.
- The UBS Center Scholarships cover living expenses and all fees. The stipend covering living expenses currently stands at USD 43,800 per year;
- Scholarships are offered to award holders for a period of four years, subject to satisfactory completion of course work.
How to Apply?
Applications for the following academic year open each year in September. Please use the online recruitment portal to submit your application. Only online applications submitted via the application portal is taken into consideration!